Jump to content
* Required Information
Between 3 and 26 characters
Between 3 and 32 characters
Send me news and information
Please make sure you read all of these guidelines, as they are strictly enforced.
Let's talk about OPSEC (Operational Security):
* Unless your AD spouse is at a school/program/bootcamp, do not post that your spouse is leaving tomorrow, next Tuesday OR how long they are usually gone when they do go underway. You can post that he/she is leaving (soon, eventually) but nothing specific to state a time frame. This even applies to small boat stations, their jobs are just as specific for law enforcement and drug interdiction.
* I am very diligent in editing any post that I feel is against OPSEC. Do not pitch a fit when I edit your post, if I am uncomfortable or uncertain about a potential safety issue in your post I am going to edit it or sometimes even remove it. I do not feel the need to send you a pm explaining why, unless it appears that OPSEC is a continuous problem with your postings.
*Be very mindful of your myspace accounts and OPSEC too. Even though it's not part of the forum, if your link is posted on Coastie Chicks and the link contains OPSEC information it can be reported.
* Editing posts for OPSEC information is a very important part of monitoring this board and I don't understand why it becomes an issue with me doing this. Safety should be of the utmost importance for everyone involved on this forum. Loose lips sink ships!
Debates, Un-supportive and Confrontational attitudes will not be tolerated in the forum or in Private Messages.
*This board was not created in order for you to get your opinion out there, it's all about giving support and using your self control and tact. You must take control of your emotions and utilize your browser's back button if a post is bothering you.
*Coastie Chicks is not a Democratically run forum, I own the site and it's run how I want it run. Remember that you are a guest in my house, and you can leave at any time if you are unhappy here, but your account will not be deleted.
*I will do what I deem necessary to protect the integrity of my forum.
*Unless otherwise stated, the warning system is in place at Coastie Chicks, the rule is as follows:
You will receive 3 warnings and on the fourth warning your account will be banned. Complain to any Admin or Moderator and you'll be automatically suspended for 7 days.
These warnings are issued when it seems that you can't control yourself IE: Un-supportive or Confrontational behavior towards other members of the forum.
*Depending on the comment(s) that started the downslide, will determine if the "real" warning system will be utilized. Sometimes a comment can just be overlooked, but sometimes it can't. That's my call and I'll go with what I feel is appropriate at the time.
* I close threads for a variety of reasons. I don't close threads because it's personal or I don't like you/I'm picking on you or that I'm afraid of a debate or I don't like/agree with your opinion! Threads are closed because I am uncomfortable or they are getting ready to turn nasty or maybe the answer to a question is just overdone and needs to be closed. Many times they are closed because it's already been done on the forum and I know it's only a matter of time before it becomes nasty. I realize that sometimes it's not intentional when you make the post, but if it gets uncomfortable for me in any way I will close it.
* I move threads all the time, please look in the quick links for "my posts" if you can't find your thread. Depending on the post it was either moved or closed.
* There are other Military and CG related discussion forums available on the internet. Please do not privately solicit any member here at Coastie Chicks with your forum. Please do not post any information on the forum or in your signature/profile pertaining to your Military or Coast Guard web site or Facebook Group. You are taking advantage of Coastie Chicks large membership. That type of information that you want to share can easily be posted here. Your post will be edited.
* Please do not come to Coastie Chicks and complain about how other sites are run. If you do not like how a specific site is run, then do not go there. The same can be said about Coastie Chicks, if you don't like how it's run then feel free to pm me and I'll delete your account.
* Please be careful posting about your personal life, not everyone needs to know your daily business.
Keep in mind that the Coast Guard is a very small intimate service. Would your spouse be upset if a fellow worker starts discussing/teasing him about his personal business, all because you posted it here on the forum? If you have any doubt whether it should be posted or not, it would probably be best not to post it.
* Please do not register if you are under 18 years of age, unless you are already married to a Coastguardsman.
Coastie Chicks Discussion Forum
* Membership is by approval only. If you do not receive a validation email in your inbox, please check your bulk/spam folder. Once you validate your email, we will do our best to approve your application in a timely manner. This may take up to 24 hours if we are busy. You will not be able to view the forum until you are approved.
Once approved, you will receive an email and you will be placed into Introductory Membership. **If you used a uscg.mil email, it seems that the second email, stating your approval, is rejected. Please try logging on periodically and once approved, you will be able to log in.
If you wish to stay on the forum, you need to make a general introduction post about yourself. Once you do that, you will have access to all the forums and private messages.
*If your introduction post is not acceptable, your account will be placed back into Introductory status. If you do not make another introduction post, the account will be deleted within the 7 day limit.*
When you register, your information is processed through a spam database. If your registration gets kicked back for being a "spammer", just send me an email.
*You have 7 days to make your introduction or your account will be deleted.
*Access to All Forums
*100 Private Messages
*No pictures (smilies only) allowed in signature.
*In order to maintain you membership with Coastie Chicks, you must be an active participant on the forum. You need to make a minimum of 2 quality posts per month. Membership is checked on the first of the month, if there are no postings for the past month, your account will be deleted.
A poll was taken by all current members on 10-01-05 and the clear majority voted to keep this rule in place. If you are PCSing or having issues, email or pm admin and this may be waived, depending on the circumstances, for a period of time.
*Coastie Chicks offers a Paid Subscription service to it's members. Please take a look in your User Control Panel, under Paid Subscriptions for more information. In return for your donation, members will receive a few extra privileges. The regular membership will not be taken away. The basic rules of the forum still apply to any Paid Subscriber.
*Private Messages increased to 1000
*Notification limit to 500
*Access to The Hen House Forum
*Access to the online Blog
*Limited to 3 images/picture and 150px in height.
The maximum of either is 600px X 150px.
*Ability to view/post in the forum while it's closed
*Ability to play newly added games in the Arcade, first
*Posting requirements are waived for 6 month and 1 year subscribers
*CoastieChicks.net is not an official CG Spouse Support Site, it is privately owned. Your refusal to read and heed these Registration guidelines or the Announcements on the forum does not constitute a problem on my part, but yours.
Community Forum Software by IP.Board 3.4.7Licensed to: Patty Wilson